27th Annual FAGES Hike
27th Annual FAGES Hike A Scouting BSA 20-mile hike - 2019
Scouts and Scouters -- do you need a 20-mile hike for the Hiking Merit Badge? Or a prep-hike for your 50-miler? And doing it SAFELY while having FUN plus earn the Fages segment?
Join the Order of the Arrow Ut-in Sélica Lodge for a day of hiking on the FAGES Trail. Fages is pronounced “Faw-Hace”. The host OA Chapter is Kchinkwehelak and Swegedaigea.
This is a great way to get your 20 miler for your Hiking Merit badge! Open to all Scouts!
- 14 years and above, unless you have gotten approval from Mr. Faber.
- Desire to hike 20 miles.
- Willing to complete a challenge!
If you want to do this hike please register.
If you have any questions please ask John Faber.
7:00 AM: On-site payment is at the Wildcat Canyon Alvarado Staging Area (pay fees, turn-in the A B C medical forms.) The location for onsite registration and the hike start/end are alike Fages 2016-2018 hikes (address below). Hike completion requirement is 7:00 PM - no change from prior hikes - more about this later.
Lunch: Provided at the ~10 miles mark. Vegetarian lunches by pre-order ONLY (ONLINE).
What to Bring: Bring a pre-filled water container (water refills available on the trail). Bring energy/trail food (GORP, etc.) Bring personal First Aid kit(s). Confirm the weather for proper dress. Please no new boots.
Obey the Scout Motto “Be Prepared”. As always “Leave No Trace”. Got sunscreen???
- Adult Unit Requirement and Hike Pace: Each unit must have two (2) or more adults, who will hike with the unit. Each unit must hike and finish together.
- Please come with hikers who can finish the 20 miles.
- The unit must maintain a hiking pace of 30-minutes per mile.
- 'If the unit does not maintain a hiking pace of 30 minutes per mile, the unit will be asked to leave the hike. Thank you for your cooperation.