2019 Summer Camp
Payment for Catalina Island ( Camp Emerald Bay) is now due. The payment deadline is 3/1/2019. Registration closes on 3/1/19 except for incoming 5th graders.
All reservations have been made and payment covers, Summer Camp, Plane flights, Shuttles, Ferries and the battleship. Please make your check out to “Friends of Troop 224” and send to our treasurer, Karen Wang, 321 Beacon Ridge Lane Walnut Creek CA 94597. Please note, if you use PAYPAL please follow the instructions below exactly. It will cost each participant approx.. $40 more in paypal fees if the below instructions are not followed correctly. This year’s summer camp is the “big summer camp trip” and is more expensive than the local camps.
Every other year we do a less expensive local summer camp trip. This is the best summer camp location I have ever found! Preliminary head count shows 18 scouts and 8 adults interested thus far.
- Scouts - $ 950
- Adults $- 795
There has been a change this year. Because there are no airlines who can get us to the Ferry terminal on time, we will be flying on Jet Blue into Long Beach on Saturday July 20, 2019 instead of Sunday July 21, 2019. Please note the change. We will stay on board the Battleship U.S.S. Iowa on Saturday night with dinner, breakfast and tour included. $75pp The battleship is right next to the departure dock for our 8:00A.M. departure to Catalina Island.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have. See below for updated details and payment instructions.
Dave Robb ASM
Summer Camp Leader 2019
Camp Emerald Bay on Catalina Island - Saturday July 20, 2019 thru Saturday July 27, 2019
Summer camp on Catalina Island sailing, boating, Kayaking, scuba diving and snorkeling, lots of hiking and biking and a fast track program to becoming a First Class Scout. An event not to miss!
- - Jet Blue Airlines round trip from Oakland to Long Beach Airport.
- - Depart to camp – parents meet at the Oakland airport at 9:00 AM on Saturday July 20, 2019. Departure flight # 147 at 11:40AM , Super shuttle to USS Iowa on Saturday and catch Ferry at 8:00AM on Sunday 7/21/19.
- - Return from camp – Saturday July 27, 2019. Return flight #348 arrives at Oakland Airport at 5:43PM, parents pick scouts up at airport at 5:43PM, end of trip.
See website for further details – www.campemeraldbay.org
USS Iowa website – www.pacificbattleship.com
Dave Robb, firstname.lastname@example.org or 925-321-4663
1) Log into your Pay Pal account
2) Under the Pay Pal logo at the top of the page, select the "send & request" tab
3) Select "send money to friends and family". Do not select “paying for an item or service” as it charges a fee to the troop. This is the mistake families are making.
4) In the box marked "to", enter the email address:
5) Enter the dollar amount
6) Select method of payment under "You're paying with" drop down box. If a direct transfer from a bank account, there will be no fee. If you want to pay with a linked credit card, the fee will show up as an addition to the amount you are sending.
6) Add a note to tell the treasurer what the payment is for
7) Click send money and you are all done!